Fandom: Harry Potter (The Avengers remix!)
Notes: Pinch hit art for snarry_games awesomeness.
I figured I'd make things a bit more interesting and offer up my step-by-step process. Not too image heavy!
1. The Roughs Rough sketch to layout. I wanted a 60's mod poster feel for the illustration, so I played around with shapes and that strange spacing they had in those old posters.
2. The 'Pencils' Getting the details of the characters down - poses, proportions, expressions etc.
3. The Inking My least favourite part of drawing, LOL. I'm not a very conscientious inker.
4. Colouring First I layout the flat colors. Then I paint in shadows and highlights.
4. Textures YAY textures. I use stuff from my own collection, although CG Textures is also a godsend. Finally a (manually) put a white stroke and add both a drop shadow and a floor shadow.
And HERE'S the final piece (link to post at snarry_games on Insane Journal)!